Friday, November 4, 2011

World's Worst Blogger

So I just saw this thing on pinterest that was a 30 day blog challenges with topics.  I need topics, gosh darn it, so I am going to try to stick with this and blog regularly again.  Day one is my current relationship, so here goes.
I am married and will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary in a few months.  I love my husband, and perhaps more importantly, I really like him. He is a great partner and without his help, love, and support, this large family thing would not be nearly as much fun.
My husband and I met in college and started dating when we were wee babes of 19.  I think about who we were then and who we are now, and in some ways it is amazing that we have been able to change together because we have both changed a lot.  We have grown up together and I am so thankful that we are together.
I love my marriage, but I didn't expect how much fun it would be.  I love the inside jokes that come with living with a person long term.  Don and I have so many of the same turns of phrase that our language is almost foreign to outsiders.  One of my favorites is "mellow and cruisy."  We took snowboard lessons together once and the instructor referred to the mountain as mellow and cruisy.  (I, personally, don't feel particularly mellow OR cruisy while falling on my tush every two seconds and nearly colliding with trees, but that is another story all together.)  Mellow and cruisy is the new black in my family.  People who are hippies, mellow and cruisy.  Children being insane, mellow and cruisy.  Irrational driving, mellow and cruisy.  People entering the medical marijuana stores, mellow and cruisy.
That is marriage.  The dorky things that are not funny to anyone but you two.  The inner nerd that you cannot hide in a long-term relationship.  The one liners that are yours alone.  I dig my husband, and hopefully, it's mutual.

No comments:

Post a Comment