Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 10: First Love and First Kiss

So my first true love is my husband.  Without a doubt, he is the only person I have ever fallen in love with. I remember that heart-fluttering, time-stopping feeling so well.  We are still in love, for sure, but luckily, that giddy, exciting, calling-into-work-sick-so-you-can-spend-more-time-together thing doesn't last forever. I love that the feeling of falling in love has changed over time into a comfortable and reliable being in love.

My first kiss was years before I met my husband when I was in sixth grade.  I was going out with a boy, which consisted of a lot of hand-holding around the school.  He gave my first kiss and then after two weeks, we broke up and I joined the official club of girls who he had gone out with before me.  It was quite a club.  Apparently, he had held hands with many girls before me.  The loss and utter tragedy.  We went to different high schools, but played a common sport, so became buddies again in high school, although we were never close friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment