Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day Five: The day I lost the blog challenge questions

And then I found them again.  Because I rule.  And then I bookmarked them so I wouldn't lose them again.  And then I looked at today's topic and almost pretended that they had stayed lost.  Today's topic is "A time when you thought about ending your own life."
Yikes, suicide, on my tenth or eleventh blog post?  That seems a little deep and morbid.  I have been bummed, of course, in my life.  There were times when I probably had a touch of depression.  I have never seriously considered suicide.  The closest I have come is when my youngest child was very sick and I thought, "Please take me instead.  I will gladly trade."  
I can remember being in 8th grade and getting majorly busted by my parents and telling a friend that I should just go kill myself, but that was more about drama than actually wanting to end my life.
I know that many people have been in DARK places where ending their lives felt like a better alternative than living.  I am super fortunate to have not been in that position.

No comments:

Post a Comment