Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day Two: Where do I want to be in 10 years?

On a island, near a beach, with a fruity drink in hand.  The end.

Actually, at that point, if all goes according to plan, we should have 3 high school graduates, one senior, two juniors, one sophomore, and a seventh grader.  I will be deep into the teenage years and all those challenges.  We will probably be going at least 12 directions every day, but I still hope to have dinner together.  I want to have the hang-out house.  I want to see 5 extra faces at dinner every night and know that our house feels like a safe place.
I want to volunteer more.  I would like to help support young moms and adoptive parents.  I want to help my kids figure out dating, relationships, and growing up.  I want to watch them become adults and enjoy the process.
I want to have a wonderful relationship with my husband.  I love where we are now and I want to love where we are in 2021.  I want to enter middle age gracefully with him.  I want to still love the life I am leading.
Those are the goals.  It will be interesting to revisit this in a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment