Sunday, May 29, 2011

The title of my blog

When I was 23, I was confirmed in the Catholic Church.  I am a cradle Catholic, but growing up, we were more of the Christmas and Easter folks than regular attenders.  Thus, I didn't get confirmed until after college when I really felt like I was ready to become an adult member of my faith.
At that Mass, one of the songs was "Here I am, Lord."  It is one of my favorite hymns even now, but that night, it took on a brand new meaning.  Listening that night, I knew, for sure, that we would add to our family through adoption.  I somehow knew that I was being called to be a mom.  I can't do a lot of things.  I am not a doctor or a nurse, but I am a mom.  At the time, I had one child, but I knew that I was ready, willing, and able to care for more children.  I knew that I was ready to welcome more children into my life. So that's where the title comes from.  Imagine this song with less instrumentals and more choir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WRfpQKnzns&feature=fvwrel

No comments:

Post a Comment